Friday News Links

Another week. The GOP wants to take our healthcare away. Again... Anyway, some news items you may or may not have seen...

A cancer patient desperately needs a stem-cell transplant to save her life. Luckily, her sister is a 100% match and is willing to donate. The bad news: the U.S. won't grant her sister a visa to come here (from Vietnam) to undergo the procedure.

This is long but worth the read: My White Friend Asked Me on Facebook to Explain White Privilege. I Decided to Be Honest.

And in a similar vein: A Black Physician Pulled a 26-hour Shift Helping People and Saving Lives. But On His Way To His Car This Happened.

How to combat this institutionalized racism? How about a Facebook group that'll respond for people of color? (I love the name: White Nonsense Roundup. You can follow them on Facebook or Twitter.)

Apparently, the push to "reform" healthcare is motivated by $400 million. Naturally.

Mueller seems to be treating 45 like a mob boss. Seems fitting.

And just because it bears repeating...

Comments

  1. I just discovered this blog and am glad to find it. Not many blogs talk about the news these days. Usually the chatter is on Facebook or Twitter. I agree with all these points. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the sites. I am angry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angry is what I am, how things are going.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  4. The question is what doesn't the GOP want to take away from us and won't it be refreshing when people finally stop talking about 45? I just hope I live long enough to see it happen!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment